The mission of the Office of Institutional Research is to collect, analyze, maintain and report institutional information to both internal and external constituents to support planning, decision-making and compliance with external reporting requirements.
The Office of Institutional Research serves as the official source for institutional information and analysis for the University community and relevant external decision-makers.
We support the Wilkes University community and its decision-makers in their work on continuous review, evaluation, and improvement of the institution. We use information technology to create a central source for collection, analysis, and assessment of relevant internal and external data. The information we provide is timely, accurate, reliable and useful.
The Office of Institutional Research is primarily responsible for the following:
- Reporting for mandatory (IPEDS, etc), guidebook and other external surveys.
- Tracking progress toward achievement of strategic plan goals.
- Creation and dissemination of an annual Institutional Fact Book.
- Creation and dissemination of an Academic Department Data Book.
- Support for enrollment management and budget through the provision of weekly updates to senior administration.
- Support for the program review process with relevant data and analysis.
- Conducting of survey research to assess and report on the student experience – before, during and after their time at Wilkes.
- Processing of Student Response Surveys (SRS)/course evaluations at the end of each term.
- Ad-hoc data requests that support decision-making and improvement.