Environmental Health and Safety Committee (EHSC)
The Environmental Health and Safety Committee reports, monitors or consults on the following:
- Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan and Policy FY 2010-Present (approved 2-15-13)
- Hazard Communication Program 2011-12
- Laboratory Safety Upgrades
- General Laboratory Safety Manual
- Chemical Waste Labels
- Chemical Hygiene Plan Template
- Chemical Inventory Sheet Template
- Chemical SOP Template
- General Use SOP Template
- Injury - Incident Report
- Chemical Waste Management Practice
- Chemical Waste Pick-up Schedule
- Instructor Safety Requirements for Science Laboratories and Art Studios (7-1-2013)
- After Hours Access Policy for Art Studios and Science Laboratories (7-1-2013)
Institutional Review Board
The Mission of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for the Protection of Human Subjects in Research is three-fold.
- First, to protect the rights and welfare of human research subjects through project review.
- Second, to foster compliance with institutional policy and federal regulations by facilitating institutional personnel’s efforts in utilizing living human subjects for research, education and other scholarly pursuits that are systematically designed and endeavoring to contribute to knowledge in the respective field.
- Third, to provide education to institutional personnel on the ethical use of human subjects.