Wilkes University recognizes academic advising as an essential element of the teaching process and development of the student as a whole person. Advising affirms the quality and integrity of Wilkes and its degree programs by providing informed guidance at the beginning of each student’s learning journey, through the growth and intellectual maturation process and continuing into their professional careers through life- long learning.
Our students have consistently selected academic advising as the most important factor to their overall educational experience. From the moment students arrive on campus for orientation, they find advisors in place to assist with the transition to college-level studies. Advisors will also assist with the decision-making process from the time they arrive for their first classes through to graduation and beyond.
Here are just a few of the questions our advisors answer every day:
- What courses do I take when I don’t know what I want as a major?
- What careers are available for graduates in my major?
- Where do I go for help with . . . ?
- What major should I choose when there are so many options at Wilkes?
- What do I do if I need to change my major?
- What if I am having difficulty in one of my classes?
- What classes to I need to prepare for graduate school?
- How do I get an internship in my field of study?
- Will my resume get the attention I need to get an interview for a job?
- How can I improve my interviewing skills?