Wilkes awards a limited number of graduate assistantships
each year in graduate academic units across campus.
- Click here for a list of available graduate assistantship positions.
Criteria for Selecting Graduate Assistants
1. Admission to the program and full-time status.
2. Full-time (nine credits per semester) status while holding the assistantship.
3. Minimum 3.0 undergraduate grade point average. Current graduate students may apply for an assistantship after completion of nine semester hours of graduate credit with a cumulative average of 3.0 or higher.
4. Two additional letters of recommendation and submission application materials.
5. Successful interview or equivalent assessment of suitability for assistantship by department personnel.
6. Ability and willingness to perform the duties outlined in the job posting and assigned by the Director/Department Chair of the respective program.
7. Counselorship in an undergraduate residence hall is available each year to graduate students. Applications for these positions must be filed with the Director of Housing no later than February 1 to be considered for the academic year beginning in September.