Give yourself an edge in the classroom. Earn the Discovery Education EDGE Letter of Endorsement.
EDGE is a 12-credit letter of endorsement* program that provides a quick pathway to expertise in emerging technologies. By combining a forward thinking curriculum with existing and proven pedagogy, all under the guidance of an established leader in digital instruction, this program will prepare you for the challenges and opportunities of an ever-changing, digital classroom.
- Affordable tuition
- Convenient online format
- Focused 7-week sessions
- Free access to Discovery Education’s suite of digital services while enrolled
- Courses designed by leading instructional technology experts including renowned educators Kathy Schrock and Dean Shareski
Whether you’re considering a master’s degree, or have one and want to further your credentials, stay on the cutting edge of digital technology and instruction with the Discovery Education EDGE.
The program is conducted completely online. Classes are held in condensed seven-week sessions, with two sessions offered in each of the fall, spring and summer semesters. This allows you to complete the 12-credit program in as little as two semesters all while taking one course at a time.
The program requires 12 credits, two required courses and two electives of your choosing.
Required courses (6 credits):
- EDIM 515 BYOD: Mobile Learning in Education (3 credits) - NEW
- EDIM 516: Sustaining Digital Literacy (3 credits) - NEW
Electives (choose two):
- EDIM 510 Web 2.0 Impacting Learning Environments (3 credits)
- EDIM 511 Portable Video Production and Application (3 credits)
- EDIM 513 Inquiry-based Learning (3 credits)
- EDIM 514 Internet Tools for Teaching (3 credits)
To help keep track of the program requirements
you can download a pdf-formatted EDGE Letter of Endorsement Checklist . If you don't have the Adobe Acrobat Reader needed to open this document you can download a free one from the company's website.
To be admitted to the program, you must submit the following items:
- Completed online application (non-refundable application fee of $35)- Please select Graduate-Certificate/Non-Degree option on the application
- Official transcripts from any undergraduate institutions you attended
- Two completed Graduate Recommendation Forms
Master’s degree in Instructional Media
The online master’s degree in Instructional Media is a joint effort of Wilkes University and Discovery Education. This 30-credit degree prepares teachers to engage today’s through digital media and education technology. It will train teachers to become specialists who can effectively blend academic rigor with the latest technology, from video to Web 2.0 to virtual field trips.
Up to nine credits of elective courses from the Instructional Media program can be applied towards the EDGE letter of endorsement program. Please consult with your advisor for additional information. Students interested in the EDGE letter of endorsement must apply to the program even if they are already enrolled in the Instructional Media program.
*The letter of endorsement is granted by Wilkes University and is not a state certificate.
For more information, contact:
(800) WILKES-U Ext. 5535
Please join Stephanie for a live chat session about our Graduate Education admissions every Thursday between 2:30 and 4:30 p.m. Registration is free! You can register by creating a username and password through CareerEco.