The Office of Technology for Teaching and Learning (OTTL) at Wilkes University prides itself on supporting the needs of faculty in a high quality and timely manner. Faculty needs related to teaching, learning, and technology whether in the traditional classroom, online or some combination of the two, is the focus of our efforts. We promote and incorporate best practices, innovative approaches to teaching and learning, and quality standards as we work with faculty to develop or enhance their instructional practice.
What We Do
The Office of Technology for Teaching and Learning (OTTL) provides instructional design and technology integration support services to all faculty teaching online, face-to-face, and blended classes. We also support various other classroom tools used by faculty such as clickers, Scantron test materials, and online test proctoring services. If you have a problem related to teaching and learning, come see us – we can help!
These areas of support include, but are not limited to:
- Use of LIVE (D2L), the university’s learning management system
- Use of MediaSpace, the university’s video platform
- Instructional design of online courses
- Integrating classroom technology tools such as Google apps, classroom clickers, Respondus quiz tool, and many others
- Set up for using Turnitin software
- Using the online test/quiz proctoring system, Proctor Now
Who We Serve
All faculty, full and part-time, are the primary focus of Office of Technology for Teaching and Learning (OTTL)’s work. We also provide resources for students needing to use any of our campus classroom technologies.
Through the use of e-Learning, the University is able to increase access to and enhance the learning experience for all students.