To continue the Wilkes tradition of liberally educating our students for lifelong learning and success in a constantly evolving and multicultural world through a commitment to individualized attention, exceptional teaching, scholarship and academic excellence, while continuing the University's commitment to community engagement.
To be a nationally recognized independent university where intense personal engagement in exceptional academic and professional programs cultivates a lifelong commitment to learning, ethics, civic responsibility, and openness to cultural diversity.
- Mentorship: Nurturing individuals to understand and act on their abilities while challenging them to achieve great things;
- Scholarship: Advancing knowledge through discovery and research to better educate our constituents;
- Diversity: Embracing differences and uniqueness through sincerity, awareness, inclusion and sensitivity;
- Innovation: Promoting creative scholarly activities, programs, ideas, and sustainable practices; and
- Community: Appreciating and collaborating with mutual respect to foster a sense of belonging.