Degrees with Fields, Institution, and Date
M.S. Ceramic Engineering, University of Illinois, 1976
B.S. Applied Science and Engineering:Materials, University of Wisconsin, 1971
Years of service on campus, Date of Original Appointment, and Date(s) of Promotion
· 27 years
· Appointed August 1982
Other related experience
Fall 1988 Visiting Instructor, University of Illinois
1979-82 Research Associate, Michigan Technological University
1976-79 Additional Graduate Work, University of Illinois
Consulting, patents, etc.
· PA Department of Community and Economic Development Educational Program with Luzerne County Community College and area secondary schools, 2004 to present.
· Attend short course “Technology and Characterization at the Nanoscale” at the Cornell NanoScale Science and Technology Facility, 2005
· Attend Chautaugua short course: “An Introduction to LabVIEW and ELVIS,” 2004.
· Attend Chautaugua short course: “Alternative Energy and Energy Mangement,” 2006.
· Participate in OSU simulator workshop “Virtual Chemical Vapor Deposition,” 2008.
States in which registered.None, Pennsylvania EIT (1993)
Scientific and Professional Societies
· Member, American Ceramic Society
· Member, International Microelectronics and Packaging Society
Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Institutional and professional service in the last five years
Director Measurement/Mechatronics Lab 2003-current
Director Microfabrication Lab 2003-current
First Year Advisor 2003-5, 2007
Transfer Coordinator 2004-current
Awards Committee 2003-current
ME Planning 2005-7
FE Review sessions; Materials 2003,5,7,9
Director of Engineering & Physics search Committee 2008-9
Department Personel Committee 2004-8
SHE Building Committee 2007-8
Member, Admissions & Financial Aide Committee 2005-2008
Member, Radiation Safety Committee 2003-current
Percentage of time available for research or scholarly activities0 – 5%
Percentage of time committed to program:100%
· Introducing Engineering – a Seventeen Year Perspective, 2003 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition to be held in Nashville, TN, (with J. Ghorieshi, J. Kucirka, and R. Maxwell)