Admission to a Graduate Program
An applicant for admission to a Wilkes University graduate program must possess a
baccalaureate degree from an American college or university accredited by one of the
recognized regional accrediting associations, or the equivalent from an international
college or university.
The ordinary standard for regular admission to a graduate program is an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale). Students falling below this level may submit other evidence of their ability to successfully complete a graduate program. Specific programs may establish higher GPA requirements and/or introduce additional criteria for making an admissions decision.
Please refer to individual graduate program pages for special application deadlines and additional requirements.
Ordinarily, the applicant must submit the following to be considered for admission:
- A completed graduate application along with the non-refundable application fee.
- A completed enrollment agreement (supplied by Wilkes).
- Official transcripts from all schools listed on the application. Official transcripts must be received in an envelope signed and sealed by the originating institution.
- Two recommendation forms from persons capable of evaluating the student's educational background and work or personal character.
- Any additional material required by a particular department or program, e.g., test scores, personal interview, etc. For details of such requirements for particular departments or programs, see the appropriate graduate program page.
Applicants may be admitted to Wilkes Graduate Program in one of the following categories:
Applicants are admitted under this category when they have satisfied the admissions criteria of the department or program in which they wish to enroll for graduate studies.
Applicants are admitted under this category when they have a marginal undergraduate record. Applicants will be permitted to take a maximum of six graduate credits in this admission category. Upon completion of six graduate credits, a conditionally admitted student will either be admitted or denied admission into the graduate program based on his/her performance.
The admission standards and policies of Wilkes University graduate programs are free of any limitation, specification or discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age or handicap, except as provided by law.