facebook twitter Blogger YouTube
Font Size: T T T

Money & Employment

Max Roth Center • 570-408-7854(T) • 570-408-3626 (F) • Email

Although some money is needed...
to get through the first few days of traveling and school, It is best not to arrive with an excessive amount of cash. It is better to establish a bank account within the first few days of arrival on campus. It is also a good idea to change some money at home or at your port of entry.

Before gaining employment, students on F-1 visas must be enrolled...
in a school for a minimum of two semesters before applying for an off-campus job. At that time, it is necessary to secure permission to work from the Immigration and Naturalization Service. This is done through the office of the International Student Advisor.

On-campus jobs are available, but they are somewhat limited and provide spending money rather than enough for living expenses.

Graduate assistantships are awarded by the major field department only.
  • |
  • Wilkes University |
  • 84 West South Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18766 |
  • 1-800-WILKES-U
  • |
  • Privacy Policy*