facebook twitter Blogger YouTube
Font Size: T T T

Undergraduate Requirements

Chase Hall • 570-408-6120 (T) • 570-408-4904 (F) • Email

Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions decisions...

are made on the basis of superior academic standing and adequate preparation for the proposed field of study. The following must be submitted as part of the application packet:

  1. A completed application, with the appropriate

    • secondary school and/or university transcript.

      All graduate program applicants and undergraduate students who want to transfer credits from universities in their home countries are also required to submit a course-by-course WES evaluation of their foreign transcripts to be considered for admission. WES evaluations provide uniform translations of various grade scales/systems. Information on WES is available through their website: http://www.wes.org

    • official results of the TOEFL examination, IELTS or STEP Eiken

    • official results of any other testing (i.e. SAT, GCE, tawjihi, etc.)

    • statement of financial verification (bank or government statement indicating that you or your sponsor have on account a sum of money sufficient to pay tuition, room, board, and expenses for one academic year.

    • main page of the passport with picture

  2. Applicants who plan to begin school in August should return their completed application and attendant documents by June 15. Those who plan to begin in January should return applications and documents by November 15. (Processing by the University, assuming all documents are received, typically takes 3-4 weeks. Deadline dates are more important to students who need time to apply for visas and make travel arrangements).

  3. All applicants will be informed as to the admissions decision. The Form I-20 is sent only with a letter of acceptance.

  4. Completion of all undergraduate degree programs at Wilkes normally requires four to six years of study.

Non-native speakers of English are required to take the...

Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Applicants must request that results be sent directly to Wilkes University.

Undergraduate students must earn a paper-based score of 500 or computer-based score of 173 or an iBT score of 60. Alternatively, undergraduate students can present an IELTS score of 5.5. Graduate students must earn a paper-based score of 550 or computer-based score of 213,  an iBT score of 79 or an IELTS score of 6.0.

International students with insufficient TOEFL scores must take the English as a Second Language (ESL) placement test.  Scores on this test will determine in which level of the Intensive English Program they will be enrolled. Students must present a sufficient TOEFL score to enroll as an undergraduate or graduate student.

In order to exit the ESL program and begin full time University studies all IEP:
1. Students must receive a minimum of 70% in all level five classes.
Students must score a 80% on the level five test.
       3. Students must score a 60 on TOEFL iBT
           (please see IEP exit criteria and graduation information)

 If the medium of instruction in a student's secondary school or University was English, the TOEFL requirement may be waived.

More information about the TOEFL test may be obtained from the designated agency in your country (i.e. student section of the US embassy or consulate, USIS office, IIE or Fulbright office, etc.) or by writing to...

Educational Testing Service
Box 8999
Princeton, NJ 08540

Advanced registration is required so it is advisable to write to the Educational Testing Service three to four months in advance of your anticipated testing date.

  • |
  • Wilkes University |
  • 84 West South Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18766 |
  • 1-800-WILKES-U
  • |
  • Privacy Policy*