The Teaching Recognition and Effectiveness Committee (TREC) would like to remind you about the following awards. Please consider nominating a faculty or a staff member for an award. Nominations for the Outstand New Faculty Award and the Part-Time Teaching Award are made by department chairs.
· The prestigious Carpenter Award recognizes outstanding teachers. Nominees must be faculty members who have been full time employees of the University for at least three years. To nominate, please write a 1-3 page letter of support and send to Jin Joy Mao (email@example.com).
· The Academic Support Award recognizes full-time, non-faculty support personnel who facilitate classroom or experiential initiatives and learning among students. Send your letter of support to Scott Bolesta (firstname.lastname@example.org).
· The Multiculturalism Award recognizes full- and part-time faculty who integrate issues of multiculturalism into the curriculum. Send your letter of support to Christine Mellon (email@example.com).
· The Interdisciplinary Award recognizes full-time faculty who demonstrate outstanding initiatives in the advancement of interdisciplinary learning through projects, course pairing, or team teaching. Send your letter of support to Matthew Sowcik (Matthew.Sowcik@wilkes.edu).
· The Outstand New Faculty Award recognizes tenure-track faculty members who are in their 2nd or 3rd year of full-time teaching and demonstrate outstanding initiatives in the classroom. Please send your nomination letter to Julie Olenak (firstname.lastname@example.org).
· The Part-Time Teaching Award recognizes outstanding teaching contributions by a part-time faculty member, who has been with the University for more than three years. Send your nomination letter to Matthew Sowcik (Matthew.Sowcik@wilkes.edu).
· The Innovative/Non-Traditional Teaching Award recognizes faculty who successfully incorporate innovative or non-traditional strategies into at least one class. Send a nomination form (found on the 2nd floor, HSC, by the Mail Room) or an e-mail or formal letter of recommendation to Dean Frear (email@example.com).
· The Outstanding Advisor Award recognizes one outstanding academic advisor from each college. Send a nomination form (found on the 2nd floor, HSC, by the Mail Room) or an e-mail or formal letter of recommendation to Dean Frear (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· The Alumni Mentoring Award recognizes faculty who develop mentoring relationships, which continue beyond the time that students remain at Wilkes. Send nominations to Scott Bolesta (email@example.com) including the following information: name of nominator, year of graduation, e-mail address, name and department of nominee, and a testimony on the following question – “How has this professor continued to serve as a mentor beyond your years at Wilkes?”
The Deadline for Carpenter Award nominations is Monday, February 18, 2013. The Deadline for all other nominations is Monday, March 18, 2013.
For more information on the TREC awards, please visit our website at http://course.wilkes.edu/trec/. Thank you.