Study Abroad Essay Contest Award Ceremony
Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 4:00 PM-5:00 PM
Ballroom, Henry Student Center
Dear campus community,
The Center for Global Education and Diversity invites you to the award ceremony of the 2013 Study Abroad Essay Contest and a reception for students who have studied abroad. The event will take place on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm in the Ballroom at the Henry Student Center and will be followed by light refreshments. All students who have studied abroad are encouraged to attend so that they may be recognized for their achievements. For those students who have not yet studied abroad, this is an excellent opportunity to learn from the experiences of others. During the social mixer at the end of the ceremony you will be able to informally chat with students and faculty that have participated in study abroad and learn about their experiences. Also, we have scheduled a public reading of the essays at the Barnes & Noble Wilkes/Kings Bookstore on Friday, February 15, 2013 from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm.
Abbreviated Event Agenda
1. Opening remarks
2. Sharing of abroad experiences by students who have studied abroad and remarks by faculty who have led trips abroad,
3. Introduction of our corporate sponsors and announcement of the winners of the AY 2013 Essay Contest,
4. Award of prizes (three in each of the three categories),
· 1st prize: Four nights trip package from Sundance Vacations in Wilkes-Barre to stay at Dreams Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
· 2nd prize: Free weekly café drink for a full semester or free gear from Barnes and Noble Wilkes/Kings Bookstore,
· 3rd prize: A gift certificate to a local store/restaurant.
5. Reading of the top winning essay from each of the three categories
6. Social mixer- light refreshments
For more information, please contact any of the Award committee members below.
Godlove Fonjweng: Center for Global education and Diversity email@example.com
Loran Lewis: Communications Department firstname.lastname@example.org
Dawn Leas: Creative Writing Program email@example.com