Campus Activities and Laboratories
Stark Learning Center 570-408-4753 (T) Email
Welcome to the fifth annual WEBS Summer Science Camp, a program designed for young women who enjoy doing science.
Each day, the WEBS students will have hands on experiences in two different laboratories, including labs in biology, chemistry, environmental engineering, pharmacy, physics, and robotics. This is an exciting way for young women to “sample” the many different areas of science through investigative experiences and projects. “Close Encounters with Birds of Prey,” a program sponsored by The Delaware Valley Raptor Center, will introduce students to the captivating world of raptors. In addition, WEBS participants will become familiar with life on a college campus and have the opportunity to talk with and learn from Wilkes faculty, staff and students as well as professional women from the local area engaged in careers associated with various fields of science.
The following is the activities and laboratories for 2013. A complete schedule will be released at a later date.
- “House, M.D.”: Introduction to Problem-Based Learning
- Play "House, M.D.," Part II
- Hands on Pennsylvania Birds
- Sound and Light
- The Human Ecosystem
- A Visit to the World of Pharmacy
- Frog Dissection
- Warriors Against Cancer
- Cleaning Up an Oil Spill
- Chemical Analysis of Food
- Close Encounters With Birds of Prey
- Why Do I Have My Mother's Eyes? (or, A Little Bit About How Genes Work)
- Phun with Physiology and Anatomy
- Video Games, Remote Controls and More....
- The Great Mascot Heist
- Lego Robots
- Robot Dance
Students or parents/guardians with any questions or concerns, please contact:
Coordinator, WEBS Summer Science Camp
Wilkes University Biology Department
84 West South Street
Wilkes Barre, PA 18766