facebook twitter Blogger YouTube
Font Size: T T T

English 101 Transfer Policy

Kirby Hall • 570-408-4530 (T) • 570-408-7829 (F) • Email

Policy Statement for Students Transferring Three Credits of English Composition

Students who transfer three credits in English Composition to Wilkes from another institution for credit toward our four-credit English 101 may choose any one of the following options to either fulfill or achieve a “waiver” of the fourth credit hour in composition:

Option One:  Students may fulfill the additional credit hour in composition by completing a second composition course at Wilkes.  Eligible courses include English 201, 202, 218, 228, and 308.

Option Two:  Students seeking a waiver from the fourth credit hour in English Composition who cannot take an English writing course, may, in consultation with the English department, submit a portfolio of recent academic writing -- some of which has been completed at Wilkes -- that demonstrates the competencies defined in the English department’s standardized portfolio assessment form.  Students intending to submit a portfolio must do so in consultation with the chair of the department.  The portfolio assessment form is available in the Humanities office, Kirby Hall 201.

Revised January 2010

  • |
  • Wilkes University |
  • 84 West South Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18766 |
  • 1-800-WILKES-U
  • |
  • Privacy Policy*