Wilkes Video Contest Details
Show us your creativity and join in the fun! The Marketing Communications department wants the world to see Wilkes University through the eyes of YOU, our current students. This is your chance to express your point of view, and reach out to prospective students, and show them what life is like at the university you know so well and love so much.
Participants are invited to make a creative video about some aspect of Wilkes University.
Some examples are as follows:
- A Day in the Life of a Student
- Athletics and Academics – the life of a Colonel Athlete
- Sport Highlights with narration
- Mentoring interview between faculty and student or peer-to-peer | What mentoring means to you
- Campus or Dorm Tours
- Runner up will receive a prize of $250 dollars cash (per group).
- 3rd place will receive a prize of $100 dollars cash (per group).
Entries will be judged through electronic voting from prospective students, current students, faculty, staff and the greater NEPA community. Electronic voting via webpage will begin on March 18th, 2013, and continue through April 1st, 2013. Winners will be announced on April 5th, 2013 at 1 p.m.
It is suggested that each individual or group promote their own video to obtain the most votes. Some suggestions to get votes for your video:
- Tell friends and family.
- Post on social networking sites (Facebook, twitter, etc.)
- Email to friends.
January 31st – Announce Contest
February 1st - Information Session from 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in UCOM Room 227
February 4th - Information Session from 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in UCOM Room 227
February 8th - Intent to compete form must be completed (click here to complete form)
March 13th - All video submissions are due to Marketing Communications
March 18th – Online voting begins
April 1st – Online voting ends
April 5th – Winners will be announced on Facebook at 1 p.m.
View Contest Rules