No purchase necessary to enter or win.
Contest open to all Wilkes University students.
1. TO ENTER: Contest begins March 3, 2014 and ends April 2, 2014. Voting will take place beginning on April 3, 2014 and ending on April 9, 2014 (See below for more details). You may enter the “Wilkes Video” Contest by completing the entry form found on the website at www.wilkes.edu/intent and submitting along with your video to: Wilkes University – Marketing Communications, 84 West South Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18766.
NOTE: The video contest will only run if there are a minimum of five (5) Intent to Compete Forms submitted and a minimum of four (4) final entries submitted.
Entries must be submitted via mail or dropped off at the Marketing Communications Department located in UCOM 208.
Video entries must be submitted on DVD in .mov format with a completed entry form which includes name, address, zip code, daytime telephone number, email address and WIN number.
Your submission must be clearly and legibly labeled with your name and contact information.
A brief synopsis of video entry must also be included which should list date/length of video. (Videos may be no longer than 3 minutes.)
2. CONDITIONS: Entries will be void if they are incomplete, late, lost, damaged, or are not able to be viewed due to technical error. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these official rules including all eligibility requirements. All entries become the property of Wilkes University and will not be returned. Contest must have a minimum of 3 entires to initiate.
3. CONTEST GUIDELINES: Participants must make a creative video about some aspect of Wilkes University. (Day in the Life, Dorm Tour, What It Means to Be Colonel, etc.)
4. PRIZES: Two entries judged as the best overall video essays will win the following:
- 1st Prize: $500 (per group)
- 2nd Prize: $250 (per group)
- All videos will be placed on Wilkes University’s Youtube page.
5. JUDGING: Entries will be judged through electronic voting from prospective students, current students, faculty, staff and the greater NEPA community. Electronic voting via webpage will begin on April 3, 2014, and continue through April 9, 2014. Winners will be announced on April 11, 2014.
It is suggested that each individual or group promote their own video to obtain the most votes. Some suggestions to get votes for your video:
- Tell friends and family.
- Post on social networking sites (Facebook, Google+, twitter and MySpace, etc.)
- Email to friends.
In the event of a tie, the entries involved will be judged by the Wilkes University Marketing Communications department.
Video entries must be between 3 and 4 minutes and must have a title. All video entries must be the original creation of the entrant. The video must not have been previously submitted, distributed, aired or have won any other award in any other competition.
Entry cannot defame or invade the rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any third party personal or proprietary rights.
Any entrant whose work includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to depictions of buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such entry, in a form satisfactory to judges.
Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by judges in their sole discretion. Judging will be conducted under the supervision of Wilkes University whose decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this contest.
Wilkes University reserves the right not to award the Grand Prize if it determines that no entry is qualified. Winners will be notified by phone, mail or email.
Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winners. No transfer or substitution of prizes permitted. Winners agree that the sponsor, and their agencies and their employees shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participation in this promotion or from the acceptance or use of the prizes awarded.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to all current students of Wilkes University. A minor (for these purposes, a person under 18 years of age) submitting an entry should receive his/her parent/legal guardian’s permission and include his/her parent/legal guardian’s name and daytime telephone number on the official entry form. If a prize is won by a minor, the prize shall be awarded to the minor’s parent or guardian who must execute the required documentation on the minor’s behalf.
Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Entries received prior to or after Entry Period are void. By accepting the prize, winners consent to the use of their name, video entry, biographical information, photographs and or likenesses for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation (except where prohibited by law.)
Wilkes University maintains rights for editorial purposes concerning this contest or succeeding contests and for editorial publicity, special events and advertising purposes in connection with promoting
Wilkes University, its products, its Web site www.wilkes.edu and/or this contest or succeeding contests. By submitting an entry in connection herewith, entrant unconditionally assigns and transfers to Wilkes University all rights, title, interest and claim, which it now has or may in the future have to entries (including, without limitation, the submitted video), whether acceptable or not regardless of the form they take, or any element(s) thereof including, without limitation, the copyright therein and further grants the Wilkes University the right to use, publish, exploit and/or modify any entry and/or video. Wilkes University reserves the right to modify video or video titles and publish or advertise the video without approval, acknowledgment or compensation unless prohibited by law. Wilkes University also reserves the right to disqualify any participants who violate any privacy or copyright laws. All videos must not infringe on any copyright laws - including music.
By entering, entrants agree to defend, release and hold harmless Wilkes University and their agents from and against any claims, action and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this promotion (including in connection with the use and/or exploitation of the submitted video) or from the acceptance or use of prize awarded. Wilkes University reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the winner. US law governs these contest rules.
7. RELEASE: Neither Wilkes University, their affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively “Releases”) nor any telephone network or service providers are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Contest, or for any injury to person or property, including but not limited to video equipment, arising from the entrant’s participation in this Contest or for the use or misuse of any prize won. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible or misdirected entries or mail.
8.ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS: Caution: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site, tamper with the judging process, or otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Wilkes University reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure to enforce any term of these
Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being executed as planned, or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Wilkes University, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Wilkes University reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and/or award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the termination, as Wilkes University determines in its sole discretion. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. No correspondence regarding entries will be entered into with entrants other than the potential Grand Prize winners.
By entering, each entrant licenses all rights to the content of his/her entry and the ideas/concepts embodied therein. Wilkes University shall have the right to modify, use, assign or dispose of such entries however they see fit without approval of entrants or any third party. Entrants grant Wilkes University the right to use their names, images, likenesses, photographs, voices and biographical materials, and video submissions, for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes including posting the videos or screen names online for any purpose or on a winner’s list and other online announcements, and for sharing the videos with the media for viewing, whether TV or print, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Neither entrants nor winners shall receive any compensation or credit for use of entries, other than that disclosed in these rules. Entrants agree that if selected as the Grand Prize winner, they grant Wilkes University and its designees the right to film and later publish footage of the winner preparing for the premiere.
Return to Contest Home Page