Joint Program with Widener University
Breiseth Hall 570-408-4040 (T) 570-408-7871 (F) Email
Wilkes University Department of Psychology, in affilitation with Widener University, offers a select program that guarantees qualified incoming undergraduates acceptance into Widener University's Doctor of Clinical Psychology Program.
Both universities have national reputations for quality psychology instruction, excellent faculty, and modern facilities. The Psychology Department at Wilkes University provides breadth and diversity in its course offerings and learning expectations. Students have the chance to take part in the Psychology Club and join Psi Chi (the National Honor Society in Psychology).
The Widener Doctor of Clinical Psychology Program molds scholar-professionals who combine the science of the field with practical clinical applications. The full-time, five year intensive program is just one of a few in the country that requires students to do clinical work in the field from the first year.
Requirements and deadlines for entrance into the program are listed below.
Wilkes-Widener Program Requirements
To be considered, applicants must:
- Rank in the top 15% of their high school class
- Have combined (math and verbal) SAT score of at least 1250 (no subject score below 580)
- Note the Wilkes-Widener Program on your application for admission
Upon Acceptance to Wilkes, Widener Program applicants will be asked to submit:
- Two letters of recommendation from high school teachers
- An essay demonstrating understanding of and interest in clinical psychology
For Application and Deadline information, please call 1-800-WILKES-U.