facebook twitter Blogger YouTube
Font Size: T T T


Henry Student Center • 570-408-4991 (T) • 570-408-4992 (F) • Email

flex dollars

Flex Dollars - Frequently Asked Questions



What are Flex Dollars?

Flex Dollars are a convenient debit account right on your Wilkes ID card. Make a deposit into your Flex Dollars account and you can swipe your card all over campus and at participating merchants to pay for the things you use every day.

Where is my Flex Dollars account? Do I need a separate card?

Flex Dollars are in an account located on your Wilkes ID card, which means no more digging into your spending money, late night stops at the ATM or charging up credit cards.

What is the difference between Flex Dollars and Dining Dollars?

Flex Dollars can be used at the bookstore, on campus dining locations, and select off-campus merchants. Dining Dollars can only be used at the Wilkes on-campus dining locations: Henry’s, Rifkin  Café, Colonel Gambini’s and the Stark Cart.

How Do I Get Flex Dollars? Do I need to setup an account?

No, you already have an account. The Flex Dollars system is BUILT RIGHT INTO your existing Wilkes ID Card. It’s there, and ready to roll. If you have purchased a Colonel meal plan, you already get Flex Dollars added every semester. If you do not have a Colonel plan, all you have to do is make a deposit (visit the Student Services Portal Page); then enjoy total freedom without spending your cash or charging up credit cards. Your Flex Dollars account gives you the freedom to do what you want, when you want, on or off campus.

How Do Flex Dollars Work?

Simple. Your Wilkes ID Card can be used like a debit card. The card gets swiped at the time of purchase at a participating location, the amount is deducted from your Flex Dollars account and the balance is automatically adjusted. No more digging into your spending money, late night stops at the ATM or charging up credit cards.

Will I Lose unused Flex Dollars?

Unused Dining/Flex Dollars will be carried over from the Fall semester to the Spring semester, but are not carried over to the next academic year. At the end of the Spring Semester all unused Dining/Flex dollars will be eliminated.

How do I add money to my Flex Dollars account?

Anyone may add Dining/Flex Dollars to his or her Wilkes ID Card. Dining/Flex dollars are available for purchase on the MyWilkes Portal under the Student Services tab. The added funds will be available for use as soon as they appear on the account.

Where can Flex Dollars be used off campus?

To see a full list of participating locations, click here.

What do I do if I lose my Wilkes ID Card?

The first thing you need to do is call Public Safety at 570-408-4999. Second, call Dining Services at 570-408-4991 (leave a message if it is after hours). Please leave your name and ID number in a slow, clear voice. We can check to see if your Wilkes ID Card has been turned in to us and if not, we will change your issue number so no one else will be able to use your card. This is especially important if you have Flex Dollars, Meal Plans, and/or Dining Dollars. To replace your card, visit Public Safety.


  • |
  • Wilkes University |
  • 84 West South Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18766 |
  • 1-800-WILKES-U
  • |
  • Privacy Policy*