Office: Stark Learning Center
Kimberly M. Welch
Assistant Professor (Intl Med)
Dr. Kimberly Metka Welch has been a member of the Pharmacy Practice Department at Wilkes University since 2008. Dr. Metka’s advanced practice site is internal medicine at the Regional Hospital of Scranton in Scranton, PA. She also works closely with the Wright Center for Graduate Medical Education Residency Program. Her interests are in pain management, infectious diseases and gout.
Education and Training
- Doctor of Pharmacy, Wilkes University
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, York Hospital/Wellspan Health
Certificates and Certifications
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS)
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery
- Pain Management
- Pharmacotherapy for Advance Practice Nursing
- Drug Information and Information Mastery
- Metka Welch, K. Bacterial pathogens in our food: an update on foodborne illness. US Pharm. 2012;37(12):50-53.
- Russell TR and Metka Welch K. New treatment approaches for gout. In: Richardson M, Chant C, Chessman KH, Finks SW, Hemstreet BA, Hume AL, et al, eds. Pharmacotherapy self-assessment program, 7th ed. Book 5: Chronic illnesses. Lenexa, KS: American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2011, 213-234.
- Malinowski JM and Metka K. Elevation of low density lipoprotein concentration with over-the-counter fish oil supplementation. Ann Pharmacother 2007;41(7):1296-1300.
- Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association, Faculty co-advisor
- Kappa Psi Pharmaceutical Fraternity, Pocono Graduate Chapter Secretary
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy, member
- American Academy of Colleges of Pharmacy, member
Selected Honors and Awards
- Roche Communication Award
- Phi Lambda Sigma, Pharmacy Leadership Society, member
- Rho Chi Pharmacy Honors Society, member