Office: Stark Learning Center
Adam C. Welch
Dr. Welch joined Wilkes University in 2004. He has worked experientially with two independent pharmacies, DeBalko’s Standard Drug in McAdoo and the Medicine Shoppe in Luzerne. He has given over 50 local, regional, and national presentations since coming to Wilkes in the areas of community pharmacy and immunizations. Dr. Welch’s research interests involve defining and expanding the innovative contributions that community pharmacists can make to health care and fostering curricular development for student pharmacists to pursue active community practice. In 2012, he was named Acting Chairperson of Pharmacy Practice; and in 2013, Acting Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs and Assessment.
Education and Training
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh
- Pharmacy Practice Residency with Emphasis in Community Practice, University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill and Kerr Drug
- Masters of Business Administration, Organizational Development and Leadership, Wilkes University
Certificates and Certifications
- Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist (BCACP)
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery
- Self-Care and Dermatology
- Principles of Advanced Community Pharmacy Management
- Alternative Medicine and Nutrition
- Foundations of Pharmacy Practice
- Welch AC and Clouse K. Developing and immunization administration service: A survey of Pennsylvania pharmacists. Pennsylvania Pharmacist. Mar/Apr 2013; 94(2).
- Berdine H, Dougherty T, Ference J, Karpa K, Klootwyk J, Kozminski M, Leon N, Osborne M, Welch AC, Willey VJ. The pharmacists’ role in the patient-centered medical home (PCMH). Annals of Pharmacotherapy. May 2012:46(5):723-750.
- Welch AC, Olenak JL, Culhane NS. Incorporating an immunization certificate training program into the pharmacy curriculum. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2009; 73(1).
- Welch AC, Ferreri SP, Blalock S, Caiola SM. North Carolina family practice physicians’ perceptions of pharmacists as vaccinators. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association. 2005:45(4); 486-91.
- President 2011-12, Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association
- Wilkes University Assessment Committee
- Editorial Advisory Board, Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery
- Reviewer, Journal of the American Pharmacists Association, American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning
- Member, American Pharmacists Association, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association, Pennsylvania Immunization Coalition, Kappa Psi Pharmaceutical Fraternity, Luzerne County Pharmacists Association
Selected Honors and Awards
- Pharmacist of the Year - Pennsylvania
- Grand Council Deputy Outstanding Achievement Award, Kappa Psi Pharmaceutical Fraternity
- Honorable Mention, Immunization Champion Award, Individual Practitioner, American Pharmacists Association