Office: Stark Learning Center
Kristen A. Boyle
Ms. Kristen Billek – Boyle is a registered pharmacist with a background in retail pharmacy. She started her career as an adjunct faculty member, and is currently the Experiential Coordinator for the Pharmacy Practice Department. After graduating from St. John’s University in New York, she returned home to her family’s independent pharmacy in Trucksville, where she would be the third generation pharmacist in the family, working there for 14 years. While working there, she also was an adjunct instructor for our program. She has been in her current position for nearly 7 years. Currently she coordinates the IPPEs for the Pharmacy Practice Department and has her own site, Commonwealth Home Health and Hospice of Wilkes-Barre, formerly the VNA, where she precepts an APPE student and the P3 IPPE rotations. She also advises students in the guaranteed seat pre-pharmacy program. She currently is the advisor for the LKS fraternity for Wilkes students.
Education and Training
- 2 year pre-pharmacy , LCCC
- BS, St. John’s University School of Pharmacy
Certificates and Certifications
- Pennsylvania Pharmacy license
- Health Care CPR and AED Certificate
- Past Care Lab Instructor
- Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience rotations
- Advanced Pharmacy Practice preceptor with Visiting Nurses site
- Billek K, Chmielewski C, Holt-Macey M, Foote, EF. Implementation and evaluation of an Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience with a visiting nurses association. Poster presented at American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual meeting. Chicago, IL; July 19, 2008.
- Billek K, Chmielewski C, Holt-Macey M, Foote, EF. Implementation and evaluation of an Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience with a visiting nurses association [abstract]. AM J Pharm Edu. 2008; 72(3): Article 72.
- Rampulla, R, Holt-Macey M, Billek K, Foote EF. Assessment of an Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience [abstract]. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2011 July; 75(5).
- Rampulla R, Holt-Macey M, Boyle (Billek) K, Foote EF. An assessment of an introductory pharmacy practice experience (IPPE) in a prescriber based healthcare setting [abstract]. Am J Educ. 2011 September; 72(72).
- Rampulla R, Holt-Macey M, Boyle (Billek) K, Foote EF. An assessment of an introductory pharmacy practice experience (IPPE) in a prescriber based healthcare setting. Poster presented at American Association of College of Pharmacy Annual Meeting. San Antonio, TX; July 11, 2011.
- Member, Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, Lambda Kappa Sigma Pharmaceutical Fraternity [advisor], VNA Advisory Board, Wilkes Pharmacy Preceptor Advisory Board
- Facilitator at Collaborative Care Summit for Interprofessional Education
- Assessment Committee
- Curriculum committee
- Pass/Fail task force Pre-Pharmacy Advising