Wilkes University will provide exceptional educational experiences that transform
students and develop innovations through scholarly activities that lead to national
recognition and shape the world around us.
Whom We Serve: Students
- Excellence in Academic Programs
- Scholarly Activities
Mission: To continue the Wilkes tradition of liberally educating our students for lifelong learning and success in a constantly evolving and multicultural world through a commitment to individualized attention, exceptional teaching, scholarship and academic excellence, while continuing the university’s commitment to community engagement.
- Mentorship: Nurturing individuals to understand and act on their abilities while challenging them to achieve great things.
- Scholarship: Advancing knowledge through discovery and research to better educate our constituents.
- Diversity: Embracing differences and uniqueness through sincerity, awareness, inclusion and sensitivity.
- Innovation: Promoting creative scholarly activities, programs, ideas and sustainable practices.
- Community: Appreciating and collaborating with mutual respect to foster a sense of belonging.
Strategic Plan 2011-2015
- Excellent Teaching / Scholarship
- Distinctive and Flexible Learning Structure
- Welcoming, Supportive, Sustainable, Safe University Community
- Global & Diverse Experience
- Engagement with the Alumni, Community & Career Partners
- Affordable and Accessible Education
Process: What processes do we need to master in order to serve our population?
- Build the Wilkes Team
- Develop and Operate High Quality Academic Programs
- Recruit and Retain Students
- Foster Scholarly Activities
Development: What competencies must we grow and develop to master those procedures?
- Build Great Programs
- Work Together with Open Communication and Shared Governance
- Broaden Our Horizons
Financial: What will we need financially to accomplish these things listed above?
- Effective internal allocation and utilization of resources
- Maximize existing revenue sources and develop new revenue streams
- Financial Stewardship