In addition to traditional academic programs, Wilkes helps to further academic and business pursuits through its involvement with other organizations. Please visit the websites listed below for much more information.
- The Allan P. Kirby Center for Free Enterprise and Entrepreneurship is dedicated to the teaching of the principles of free enterprise and entrepreneurship.
- Center for Global Education and Diversity provides leadership, advocacy and support in the areas of diversity initiatives, international
student and scholar services, and English language learning. The Center develops programs
for internationals and underrepresented groups and supports processes that promote
diversity and globalization to help the students, faculty and staff of Wilkes University
increasingly appreciate and maximize the benefits of inclusion, diversity and global
- The Institute for Public Policy & Economic Development (formerly known as Joint Urban Studies Center) mobilizes the resources of regional institutions of higher education to engage communities in planning that is informed by research, energized by broad participation and validated by successful implementation. Wilkes is the managing partner of the The Institute.
- The Wilkes University Small Business Development Center
provides consulting services and educational programs to entrepreneurs looking to start or grow small businesses in Luzerne County.
- The Family Business Alliance
The Family Business Alliance provides world class services committed in supporting, strengthening and empowering local family owned businesses through educational programs, networking, counsel and guidance; so that success is achieved for both the business and the family.
- Wilkes Institute for Environmental Science and Sustainability (WIESS)
The mission of the Wilkes Institute for Environmental Sciences and Sustainability is to facilitate faculty and undergraduate research in ecology and environmental science, to offer enhanced educational opportunities for students with interests in the regional and global environment, and to address environmental concerns in Northeast Pennsylvania through sharing of information and promotion of sustainable life styles.
- The Institute for Energy & Environmental Research (IEER)
IEER site provides in-depth analysis of controversial topics relating to Marcellus drilling. For each topic, we provide our own assessment, links to commentary by others, and an opportunity for moderated input by site users.