Mr. Gerald Ephault
Gerald A. Ephault, MBA, RTTP; currently is the Executive In Residence of the Allan P. Kirby Center for Free Enterprise and Entrepreneurship and Adjunct Professor at Wilkes University. He has relevant experience in the manufacturing, technology development and transfer, economic development and educational sectors spanning more than 50 years. He served as Regional Manager of the Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Northeastern Pennsylvania, Lehigh University, for 24 years during which he managed $88 million of project activity. Activity at Wilkes University included 42 project activities and $4.5MM in project funding with Faculty and Students. He also served as Chairman of the Advisor Board to the Engineering & Physics Department for 12 years. His undergraduate degrees are from the University of Scranton, and MBA from Marywood University. He is a Registered Technology Transfer Professional (RTTP) with the Alliance of Technology Transfer Professionals. He is a member of the Association of Technology Managers (AUTM).
Administered a portfolio of private sector-academic technology advancement and implementations within 300 projects representing $18,817,626.00 in BFTP/NEP funds and $109,028,192 .00 in total project investments.
Established and coordinated technology development & transfer projects at eleven (11) universities and colleges with faculty/student engagements for applied research. Total of $19,932,253.00 achieved in financial support to the eleven (11) institutions of higher education. Advocated formation and served on-advisory boards (as established) 7 business incubators. Served as President & CEO of the Center for Research & Economic Development a 501 c(3) subsidiary of East Stroudsburg University. Served as a founding member of the 501 c (3) organizations: Pennsylvania Alliance for Research & Technology; Great Valley Technology Alliance; Great Valley Technology Institute; TecBRIDGE.
BFTP/NEP Technology Transfer Project Results
- Projects: 300
- Combined Investments: $109,028,192.00
- University Investments: $19.932,253.00
- Jobs Created or Retained: 10,304
- Products Commercialized: 122
- Processes Implemented: 92
- Start-up Companies: 52
- External Capital Raised $19,932,253
Wilkes University Transfer Project Results
- Projects: 219
- Micro-Grants to Clients: $11,701.44
- Pledges: $325,000.00 in cash and two (2) equity pledges
- Business Started: 65
- Existing Business Assisted: 141
- Mentoring Hours: 7,953
- Jobs Created: 88.5
- Jobs Retained: 515
- Capital Secured: $4,055,542.00
- Commercialization: 64
- Incubator Tenants Supported: 23
- Intellectual Property: 36
- Royalties Received: $1050.00
- Pro-Bono Services Value $126,299.00
- 2019 Two Mountains District, BSA: Armed Forces Day Honoree
- 2019 Pennsylvania Senate Citation: Military & BSA Service Recognition
- 2014 TecBRIDGE: Wm. McNally “Mentor of the Year Award”
- 2014 APKCFEE “Advocate of the Year Award”
- 2012 Wilkes University Division of Engineering & Physics “Outstanding Service Award”
- 2012 BSA, Lowwapaneu Lodge Order of the Arrow “Vigil Honor”
- 2012 American Legion “Square Knot Award”
- 2009 Scranton Chamber of Commerce: “Small Business Advocate Award”
- 2008 BSA, Northeastern Pennsylvania Council “Silver Beaver Award”
- 2005 Northeastern Pennsylvania Alliance: Luciani “Regionalism Award”
- 2005 Leadership Lackawanna: “Leader of the Year Award”
- 1989 County of Lackawanna Transit Authority “Board Member Service Recognition”
- 1989 Pennsylvania Senate Citation- UNICO Service
- 1988 UNICO National Scranton Chapter “Past President Award”
Students are assisted to establish “growth mindset” and “learning mindset” so that an entrepreneurial approach is applied to each activity.
Mr. Charles J. Pierce
Charles J. Pierce is the Assistant Director of the Allan P. Kirby Center for Free Enterprise and Entrepreneurship at Wilkes University. Prior to his current position, he held various consulting positions at the Wilkes University Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and was the most recent Assistant Director/Interim Director. He earned the prestigious ASBDC State Star Award for Pennsylvania in 2012, which is given to recognize the best employee in the Pennsylvania SBDC network. Prior to joining Wilkes, he owned his own small business, which had him in direct contact with many local real estate offices as a property maintenance specialist. His areas of expertise center on small business continuity services, financial analysis and valuations, and general small business operations. He has conducted many local seminars on topics within these areas and has also presented and partnered with many local economic development agencies.
He holds an MBA and a BBA with a concentration in finance and marketing, both from Wilkes University. He also holds specialized training in community and economic development, disaster preparedness, and machinist services.
Allan P. Kirby Center for Free Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
65 W South St, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701
Phone: (570) 408-4590