Wilkes University


Reporting Options

In need of immediate help?  If you believe you or anyone else is in imminent danger, call 911 or campus Public Safety at 570-408-4999

Students, faculty or staff who believe they are victims of, or witnesses to harassment should report the incident to the Title IX Coordinator (samantha.hart@wilkes.edu; 570-408-3842); the Office of Student Affairs or to Human Resources.  The Title IX Coordinator, or designated Deputy Title IX Coordinator will assist in navigating through Wilkes University’s grievance procedures and explain all resources available to the reporter.

A note about confidentiality:  You may report an incident to any Wilkes University employee, however please know that each employee, except those who work in the Health and Wellness Services Office, are responsible employees and therefore obligated to pass the information they receive to the Title IX Coordinator.

Once the Title IX Coordinator receives a report, they will address the complaint and share information with other administrators on a need-to-know basis only.  Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed, however these requests will be seriously considered against a number of other factors, such as overall risk to the complainant and the campus community.

For confidential reporting, contact the Health and Wellness Services Center at Passan Hall; 570-408-4730 during hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. or you can call the after-hours hotline at 570-408-CHAT (2428).

Anonymous reports of gender-based discrimination may be submitted by clicking HERE.

Students may also contact the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (800-421-3481) to complain of sex discrimination or sexual harassment including sexual violence.