There's a lot you probably don't know about Northeastern Pennsylvania.
- Like the fact that you can ski and snow tube at Montage Mountain.
- Or check out a Halloween magic show at the Houdini Museum.
- Perhaps you're in the mood to attend a Broadway show or catch a filmat the beautiful art deco F.M. Kirby Center for the Performing Arts.
- Or maybe you'd like to go to a concert, the circus, or another fab event at the Mohegan Sun Arena.
- Hike, fish or raft in one of our nearby state parks.
- Ride two of the top 20 roller coasters in the country at Knoebels Amusement Resort.
- Take in a hockey game. And enjoy the beauty of the rambling Pocono Mountains.
Wilkes University is located on the western fringe of the Poconos right on the Susquehanna River. You'll find that although this isn't one of the country’s most famous recreation Meccas, it is one of the loveliest. Even better, we have it almost all to ourselves!
A project brought to you by the city of Wilkes-Barre.
Few universities can say that a river flows past the front of campus. Wilkes University is one of them. For generations of students, the River Common - the lovely greenway fronting the river- provided a respite from the classroom. Two portals in the flood wall along River Street- with the southernmost located near Wilkes campus- invite visitors to access the riverfront.
Looking northeast from the Dorothy Dickson Darte Center, the new River Common provides opportunitites for walking, cycling, boating, and fishing along the river. An amphitheatre for open-air concerts, a boat launch and other amenities bring the promise of new recreational opportunties for Wilkes students and alumni