|Nesbitt School of Pharmacy Homepage|
The White Coats Await
Wilkes University's two-year, Pre-Pharmacy course sequence is designed to prepare you for the challenges of the School of Pharmacy's four-year Professional Pharmacy curriculum.
Admission to the Guaranteed Seat Pre-Pharmacy Program is very competitive. Enrollment is limited to 90 students. Students may only enter the program as freshmen upon graduation from high school. Interested parties who would not be entering directly from high school, should call (570) 408-4298 to discuss requirements for admission to the professional (Pharm.D.) program. Students who were not part of the Pre-Pharmacy Guaranteed Seats, with or without degrees, are accepted into the professional program.
Six-year Scholarships for Pharm.D. Degree
To help ease the financial burden of pharmacy education, Wilkes will offer merit scholarships beyond the first four years of study.
Starting in fall 2020, newly enrolled, first-year pre-pharmacy students will be eligible to receive 30% of their merit scholarship in each of the final two years of the professional program. For instance, academically successful students who qualify for the annual $21,000 Trustee Scholarship would receive $6,300 per year in their last two professional years of study. Scholarships will be awarded for a maximum of six years.
To learn more, contact our Office of Admissions at email@example.com or 570-408-4400.
The application process for the program is as follows:
- Applicants must first complete a Wilkes University admission application. Admissions grants decisions into the University, not the program. In order for the
student's application to be considered, the student must have the following minimum
- High school class rank in the top 50th percentile OR an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher OR an overall grade percentile 80% or higher AND SAT scores: ≥1080* OR ACT scores: ≥22
- Applications are reviewed by the School of Pharmacy; top applicants are invited for a personal interview.
- Final admission into the program is based on a thorough evaluation of each student that focuses on high school performance, SAT (or ACT) scores, evaluation of Statement of Purpose essay, and the results of the personal interview.
- Interviewed applicants not selected for immediate admission are placed on a waiting list and are offered seats in the Guaranteed Seat Pre-Pharmacy Program as they become available.
- Enrollment is limited to 90 students. Students may only enter the program as freshmen upon graduation from high school. Interested parties who would not be entering directly from high school, should call (570) 408-4298 to discuss requirements for admission to the professional (Pharm.D.) program. Students who were not part of the Pre-Pharmacy Guaranteed Seats, with or without degrees, are accepted into the professional program.
Applications for the Guaranteed Seat Pre-Pharmacy Program are accepted starting in August of each year and must be completed by February 1.
Since applicants are admitted on a rolling basis, all seats may be awarded before the February 1 deadline. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to complete the application process as early as possible.
Wilkes University’s Doctor of Pharmacy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, 190 South LaSalle Street, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60503, 312/664-3575; FAX 886/664-3575, website www.acpe-accredit.org.