Want to learn how to run a business from the ground up? At the Jay S. Sidhu School of Business and Leadership, you’ll do just that, as you work with a team your freshman year to conceptualize, design and operate your own business.
The management program develops skills needed to make a difference in organizations, teams and communities. Courses can equip you to excel as a leader in operations management, human resources, sustainability management and more.
You’ll develop critical thinking, persuasive communication, teamwork and leadership skills, preparing you to excel in executive and managerial careers in business, industry and governmental organizations.
Sidhu students who major in management develop the skills and competencies to make a difference in organizations, teams, and communities. Management courses equip students with essential knowledge and capabilities to excel as leaders in many areas, including operations management, human resources, sustainability management and more.
Course experiences help our students develop critical thinking, persuasive communication, teamwork and leadership skills. Sidhu management students are prepared to excel in executive and managerial careers in business, industry, and governmental organizations.
Employment of management occupations is projected to grow 8 percent from 2016 to 2026,
about as fast as the average for all occupations, which will result in about 807,300 new jobs. Employment growth is expected to be driven by the formation of new organizations and expansion of existing ones, which should require more workers to manage these operations.
Recent graduates have taken positions with:
- BAYADA Home Health Care
- Hackensack Meridian Health
- Lehigh Valley Health Network
- Maxim Healthcare Services
- Open Systems Healthcare
- Pocono Medical Center
- Geisinger Health System & Wilkes University
- Salix Pharmaceuticals
- Sanofi Pasteur
- Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Technological Industries - TTI
- CytexOne Technology
The Management program fully supports the undergraduate learning objectives of the School:
- Students will be able to comprehend issues in ethical decision making and social responsibility.
- All graduating students will have a working knowledge of the concept of leadership.
- All graduating students will have a working knowledge of the concepts of planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling commercial operations.
- All graduating students will demonstrate an understanding of how global trends and competition affect businesses and their strategies.
- All graduating students will be able to synthesize the fundamental elements of finance, accounting, business law, marketing, economics and management in a manner which enables them to make effective decisions at the corporate level.
The Sidhu School of Business and Leadership Bachelor of Business Administration degree in management requires you to complete 122 credits and includes these courses:
- MGT 209 – Business Correspondence and Reports
- MGT 257 – Management Information Systems
- MGT 352 – Production and Operations Management
- MGT 353 – Human Resources
- MGT 354 - Organizational Behavior
- MGT 356 – The Social Responsibility of Business
Recent Students have interned with:
- International Engagement
- Abraham Carpet & Rug
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wyoming Valley Motors Larksville
- Montage Mountain
- Mondelez International
- Spring St Garage
The Sidhu School of Business and Leadership is housed in the beautiful 80,000-square-foot University Center on Main. The $3 million state-of-the-art facility includes a financial market trading room with an electronic stock ticker, seven smart classrooms, faculty offices, meeting rooms for students, and student club spaces that allow for collaboration on projects. To top it off, there's even a Starbucks in the lobby.
The Wilkes Bachelor of Business Administration in Management program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs. This distinction shows potential employers, doctoral programs, and professional schools the comprehensiveness and excellence of Wilkes University's curriculum. The ACBSP accreditation creates a competitive advantage over others seeking a career in business or admission into a doctoral program.
The Jay S. Sidhu School of Business and Leadership is also a member of the Association of Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.