Wilkes is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Professional accreditations include:
- American Chemical Society
- Engineering Accreditation Commission
- Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacist Commission on Credentialing
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
The baccalaureate degree in nursing/master's degree in nursing/Doctor of Nursing Practice, and post graduate APRN certificate programs at Wilkes University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Rankings and Recognitions
- The Economist ranked Wilkes 25th in the nation for economic value. The ranking confirms Wilkes’ commitment to preparing students for academic success
in high-paying careers. It determines a college’s economic value by comparing what
a school’s graduates earn to how much they might have earned had they studied elsewhere.
- The Brookings Institution ranked Wilkes University in the top 10 percent of four-year colleges nationwide based
on how much graduates actually earned over predicted earnings.
AffordableCollegesOnline.org. ranked Wilkes as one of the top 20 Pennsylvania colleges with the greatest lifetime return on investment. Wilkes is ranked 16th on the list of 81 colleges and universities in the state that offer a good return on a student’s investment in higher education.
- G.I. Jobs Magazine and its parent company, Victory Media designated Wilkes University a Military Friendly School . It is the sixth consecutive year that
Wilkes has been named to the coveted Military Friendly Schools list. The 2016 Military
Friendly Schools list honors the top 20 percent of colleges, universities and trade
schools in the country that are doing the most to support America’s military service
members, veterans and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus.
Money Magazine ranked Wilkes University highest among northeast Pennsylvania’s colleges and universities on the Best Colleges list of schools delivering great value for students. The ranking is based on factors such as graduation rates, affordability and average earnings after graduation. The Military Friendly Schools website can be found at www.militaryfriendlyschools.com.
- U.S. News and World Report consistently names Wilkes as one of the nation’s best universities. This naming reflects
Wilkes’ dedication to personalized attention and hands-on learning.
- The Princeton Review ranked Wilkes on its “Best Northeastern Colleges” list. Wilkes was recognized for
academic excellence and student satisfaction.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education ranked Wilkes University as one of the fastest-growing universities for the period
from 2004 to 2009 . Total enrollment grew from 4,364 in the fall of 2004 to 6,239
in the fall of 2009 – an increase of 43%
- The Howard Hughes Medical Institute recognized Wilkes University as one of “the nation’s best undergraduate institutions” in awarding a $1 million grant to creatively engage students in biological sciences. Wilkes was one of just 48 institutions to receive this award in 2008.