Office: Stark Learning Center
Dr. Edward F. Foote
Dr. Foote joined the Wilkes faculty in 2000 as an Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice. Previously, he was on faculty at the School of Pharmacy, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. Dr. Foote’s professional interests include pharmacokinetics, nephrology and pharmacy education. Most recently, Dr. Foote has become a leader of interprofessional education (IPE) having spent a sabbatical at the Commonwealth Medical College during the 2012-2013 academic year. He has published over 70 book chapters, articles and abstracts. Dr. Foote assumed the position of Department Chair in 2003 and was promoted to Professor in 2007.
Education and Training
- B.S. Pharmacy, University of the Sciences (1987)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD), University of the Sciences (1991)
- Fellowship in Pharmacokinetics/Nephrology, University of Minnesota and Hennepin County Medical Center (1993)
Certificates and Certifications
- Registered Pharmacist in Pennsylvania
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS)
- Foundations of Pharmacy Practice I and II
- Biopharmaceutics and Clinical Pharmacokinetics
- Pharmacotherapy of Renal Diseases
- Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience Elective - Teaching
- Foote EF, Clifton M, Shenberger K. A Required Interprofessional Clerkship for Fourth Year Medical Students at The Commonwealth Medical College. Journal of Interprofessional Healthcare. 2014;1(1) Article 6. Available at http://www.jihonline.org/jih/vol1/iss1/6.
- Foote EF, Roland BE, Gionfriddo M, Holt-Macey S. Comparison of Residency and Non-Residency Trained Preceptors in Community Practice APPEs. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2014;6;259-264. Published online at http://www.pharmacyteaching.com/article/S1877-1297%2813%2900189-5/reference.
- “A Required Interprofessional Clerkship for Fourth Year Medical Students at The Commonwealth Medical College”. Arscott KA, Provizano K, Foote EF. Presented as a poster at the All Together Better Health (ATBH) VII Conference. Pittsburgh, PA. June 7, 2014.
- Foote EF, Meyer S, Astle J, Scaramastro T, Umland EM. Interprofessional Education: An Overview and Implications for Pharmacy Preceptors. Pennsylvania Pharmacist. 2014;95(1):27-37.
- Foote EF. Nephrology. In: Bainbridge JL, Clark N, Coyle EA, et al. ACCP Updates in Therapeutics: The Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Preparatory Review and Recertification Course. 2013 ed. Lenexa, KS. American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2013:2:1 to 2-25.
- Foote E, Szarek J, Arscott K, Brady J, Clarke V, Easton D, Farrell M, Goss S, Walline V, Waters S. A Large Scale, Collaborative Care Summit to Promote Interprofessional Learning: Ischemic Stroke. MedEdPORTAL; 2013. Available from: www.mededportal.org/publication/9306.
- “A Regional Model of Interprofessional Education: The NECPA IPEC Experience”. Foote EF. Presented as a school poster at the 114th Annual Meeting of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (ACCP), Chicago, Illinois. July 15, 2013.
- “The Collaborative Care Summit, an Interprofessional Educational Experience for 556 students, 122 facilitators at 7 sites in one afternoon. How did they do that?!” Podium presentation at The Society for Simulation in Healthcare annual meeting. January 28, 2013. Co-author: John Szarek, Ph.D.
- Assessment of Health Literacy Training in P1 Pharmacy Students. Brady JP#, Foote EF, Bolesta S. Presented as a poster at the 113th Annual Meeting of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP), Kissimmee, Florida, July 15, 2012.
- Section Advisor, Nephrology, APhA DrugInfoLine, 2006-present
- Member, Faculty Development Committee, Section of Teachers of Pharmacy Practice, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
- (Chair 2000-2014), Northeastern/central Pennsylvania Interprofessional Education Coalition (NECPA IPEC). www.necpaipec.com
Selected Honors and Awards
- Phi Lambda Sigma: The National Pharmacy Leadership Society. Honorary Inductee. Spring 2010
- Outstanding Faculty, Wilkes University, 2003
- Fellow of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (FCCP) , 2002