Degrees with fields, institution, and date
Ph.D Environmental Engineering; The Pennsylvania State University 1999
M.S. Environmental Engineering The Pennsylvania State University, 1993
B.S. Environmental Engineering Wilkes University 1992
Years in academia, date of original appointment, and date(s) of promotion
· 9 years
· Full time position began in Fall of 2008.
· Prior work was as an adjunct since Fall of 1999.
Other related experience
2007 -09 Taught Dynamics and Strength of Materials sections of the Fundamentals of Engineering Review Course.
2008 Participated in Women Empowered by Science program. This program focuses on teaching grade school students about science.
States in which registered: Pennsylvania
Scientific and professional societies
· American Water Works Association (AWWA).
· American Chemical Society (ACS)
Professional development activities
· Research on local coal mine lands to evaluate the soil chemistry and effect on plant growth.
· Continuing evaluation of nutrient balance and trophic status at local lake.
· Power to Save Advisory Board, a committee sponsored by a local television station to promote energy efficiency and wise use of resources.
Institutional and professional service in the last five years
· ME180 – CADD Lab
· ME234 – Dynamics
· ENV315 – Soils
· ENV330 – Water Quality
· EES105 Lab
· EES240 Lab
Other duties - Grader for Senior Project Reports
Percentage of time available for research or scholarly activities as needed
Percentage of time committed to the program.
· 50% Mechanical Engineering
· 50% Environmental Engineering