AccreditationsWilkes University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, which was most recently reaffirmed in 2020. Professional accreditations and affiliations include:
- American Chemical Society
- Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacist Commission on Credentialing
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
The baccalaureate degree in nursing/master's degree in nursing/Doctor of Nursing Practice/, and post graduate APRN certificate programs at Wilkes University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
*For more information about academic programs with accreditation or certification, please click here.
Rankings and Recognitions
For more than 80 years, Wilkes has been dedicated to the success of our students through academic excellence, educational access and increasing the return on their investment. Many renowned organizations have recognized our commitment. Read on for our national rankings and recognitions.
Ranked 14th overall in helping students improve their income after graduation -- read more
- 25th in the nation for economic value
U.S. News and World Report
Ranked for 17 consecutive years -- read more
- Ranked #217 of national universities
- Top performer for social mobility
- A+ school for B students
The highest ranked institution in northeast Pennsylvania -- read more
- Ranked #156 of national universities
- Best bang for the buck
The Princeton Review
- Best northeastern college
Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education
- Wilkes was one of 800 schools from across the country on the Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education ranking of the Best Colleges in 2021.
G.I. Jobs Magazine
- Proud military friendly school for ten consecutive years -- learn why
CollegeNET Social Mobility Index
- Top regional performer in educational access and opportunity
Georgetown Center on Education and the Workforce
- Top 10% in return on investment for graduates