Thank you for your interest in the Air Force ROTC program at Detachment 752!
Our program is open to all full-time college students in any major attending the following colleges/universities in Northeast PA:
- Bloomsburg University
- East Stroudsburg University
- King's College
- Luzerne County Community College
- Marywood University
- Misericordia University
- PSU - Hazleton
- PSU - Schuylkill
- PSU - Wilkes-Barre
- PSU - Worthington Scranton
- The University of Scranton
- Wilkes University
The AFROTC Program consists of 2 classes and a group fitness session:
- Academic Class (1 hour/week)
- Leadership Laboratory (2 hours/week)
- Group Fitness Session (1 hour immediately following Leadership Lab)
All components meet weekly on Thursday evenings at Wilkes University. We also have an additional group fitness session (1 hr) that meets on Tuesday morning (6:00AM - 7:00AM). Students NOT attending Wilkes or Kings are not required to attend fitness training on Tuesdays, but must complete an individual workout on their own time.
We look forward to working with you to achieve your goal of becoming a commissioned officer in the world's greatest Air Force!
AFROTC Registration, Orientation, and Early Move-in:
- Students enrolled in the AFROTC program are authorized to have a car on campus – contact us for details.
- Non-Wilkes students can contact us to facilitate carpools at your university if needed.
Wilkes Students: Contact your academic advisor and to help you register for the respective AFROTC class and leadership lab (AS 101 & AS 103). Both classes are required. Non-Wilkes students (Crosstown Schools): Contact the detachment no later than the first day of class to enroll. You will not sign up through your academic advisor, however you will need to work with them in order to fit AFROTC classes into your schedule.
To help you plan your class schedule, AFROTC classes are offered the following day & time throughout the academic year:
- AFROTC Academic Class (AS 101): Thursday 2:30 – 3:20 p.m. – 1 credit
- AFROTC Leadership Laboratory (AS 103): Thursday 4 – 6 p.m.
- Fitness Training: Thursday 6 – 7 p.m and Tuesday 6 – 7 a.m. (Wilkes/Kings Students. All others will complete an individual workout)
NOTE: If you are a sophomore AND starting your 1st year of AFROTC, you will also need to take an additional AFROTC Academic Class (AS 201) held on Thursdays from 1:30 – 2:20 p.m.
It is your individual responsibility to ensure you are properly registered before the start of the semester.
Non-Wilkes students will receive an official Wilkes University transcript at the end of each semester serving as proof of enrollment in AFROTC classes. You will also receive a free temporary parking permit for the Wilkes campus for use on Thursdays.
To begin the Registration Process, New Students Must Accomplish The Following Four Steps:
- Complete the Online Registration Form.
- Fill out the AFROTC Form 28. NOTE: You cannot participate in AFROTC group fitness without completing the form.
- Have the AFROTC Form 28 signed by any qualified physician/healthcare professional.
- Bring AFROTC Form 28 to New Student In-Processing.
*Must download form to view and print.
Questions? Please contact the AFROTC department at
First-year and returning AFROTC students will be granted an early move-in on Tuesday, August 18.
We will host a voluntary Welcome Social on Tuesday, Aug 18 from 4-5:30 p.m. on the Wilkes campus. This event gives new students, parents, friends and families the opportunity to learn more about AFROTC from department staff. Current students and AFROTC staff will provide an overview of the program, talk about opportunities & benefits, and host a Q&A session on AFROTC life.
New Student Orientation Program
Students who participate in the Early Move-in on Aug 18th will have the opportunity to participate in various icebreaker and team building activities Aug 19 & 20 to socialize and get acquainted with members of Detachment 752 before orientation day!
New Student In-Processing
We are hosting a voluntary New Student In-Processing for students new to AFROTC on Friday, Aug 21 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the AFROTC department office (UCOM Building – Rm. 112) on the Wilkes campus. New students will complete in-processing paperwork to finalize their enrollment in the AFROTC Program. Come ready to start your journey as a cadet in AFROTC!
- Early Move-In: Tuesday, Aug 18
- Welcome Social: Tuesday, Aug 18, 4-5:30 p.m.
- New Student Orientation Program: Wed-Thurs, Aug 19 & 20, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- New Student In-Processing: Friday, Aug 21st 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If needed, we will also conduct In-Processing for our crosstown students Saturday, Aug 22 11 a.m.-2 p.m. If you will be attending Saturday, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
- First Day of AFROTC Class: Thursday, Aug 27
We will send an email no later than the 1st week of August with details regarding the Welcome Social & Orientation for those who have signed up.
NOTE: The Welcome Social, New Student Orientation & In-Processing are all voluntary events. Both are supervised by active duty Air Force officers and are conducted in an relaxed environment.
Additionally, you will need to bring the following mandatory items with you to the New Student In-Processing to finalize your enrollment in the program:
- Original Birth Certificate or naturalization certificate (We will make a copy and return to you during orientation)
- Social Security Card (We will make a copy and return to you during orientation)
- ACT/SAT score sheet (if taken, copy is acceptable)
- Previous College Transcripts from college attended (if applicable)
- Any Civil Air Patrol, JROTC or Boy/Girl Scout Certificates
- Prior Military Service (DD 214 for individuals previously in the military)
- Military Reserve/National Guard Members (Need contract)
- Selective Service Registration Printout (males only)
- AFROTC Form 28 (Sports Physical - see below)
For further information please contact us at