The Young Scholars Program allows qualified area high-school students to take college courses at Wilkes University at a nominal cost.
Open to Students Who
- Have successfully completed 10th grade in high school.
- Are nominated to participate in this program by a teacher, school counselor or principal on an official Young Scholars nomination form.
Students who enroll in at least one course through this program will be designated a Wilkes Young Scholars for the term.
- Library privileges at Wilkes.
- Assistance in career planning, college selection and financing.
- Preferential consideration in Wilkes scholarship awards.
- Free admission to most Wilkes University athletic, musical and cultural events.
Young Scholars Program courses cost $50 per credit. A typical ciyrse is three credits and would cost $150. For comparison, regular part-time tuition costs is about $995 per credit.