Wilkes University

Admission Process

For admission to a graduate program in education, you must have a baccalaureate degree from an institution that is accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.

Some programs also require a state-approved teaching certificate. Be sure to review the specific admissions requirements of the program to which you desire entrance.

A Wilkes University graduate application and one-time application fee (fees subject to change without notice) is required for both degree-seeking and special non-degree students and must be received before registering for the first course.

Apply Online

For degree-seeking applicants:

Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but must be received before you will be able to register for a course. 

Send in supporting documents as required by your program (i.e., official transcripts, recommendations, teaching certificate copy, etc.). In order to expedite your application, we suggest gathering supporting documents and submitting them together by mail to the above address. All supporting documents should be submitted within one month of applying.

Students are expected to have the admissions process completed before they finish their first semester of courses. If students do not meet this deadline, they may be prevented from registering for future semesters until they complete the admissions process.

Within approximately 2 weeks, students will receive a Wilkes ID number (WIN) and email account/portal user name.

Applicants can check on the status of the documents needed to complete their application by calling
(800) WILKES-U Ext. 4235.

Once the application is complete, the program department will review it. After the department reviews the complete application, a student will be notified of the decision by regular mail. Please allow 2-4 weeks after we have received the documents for a decision to be made and to receive notification.

Non-degree applicants:

Must also apply, but do not need to submit recommendations. They must, however, provide copies of their teaching certificates or undergraduate transcripts -- as evidence of their bachelor's degrees. Interested students may use the online application link above and select the ‘non-degree – education’ application type in order to apply.

For information regarding the registration process after you have applied, please click on the registration link in the list along the right of this page. If registration is open at the time you apply, you are able to register immediately after completing the online application.