This online master's degree in International School Leadership is designed specifically for educators who want to assume leadership positions around the world.
The program was designed in partnership with the Association for the Advancement of International Education (AAIE), PLS 3rd Learning and Wilkes, who share a commitment to improve the quality of international school leaders across the globe.
Drawing upon AAIE Institute courses, our program develops the leadership, instructional and management skills needed to advance and excel in an international school leadership career. The 30-credit program includes eight AAIE Institute courses and four Wilkes graduate courses, allowing you to earn your master's degree in International School Leadership and become an AAIE fellow, a certification that is recognized around the world. AAIE fellows enjoy high placement in key leadership positions like school heads and principalships.
Convenient online learning
The degree is conducted in an online format. Benefit from one-on-one guidance and a high level of personalized attention while learning from anywhere in the world. You will be paired up with a program mentor, an experienced education professional who has worked extensively in international schools.
Learn how to:
- manage school operations and monitor resources for a safe and effective learning environment;
- comply with the various global, cultural, political and legal contexts;
- develop rigorous and relevant course content using proven strategies and the latest technology trends;
- foster a culture of integrity by committing to ethical leadership practices, principled personal beliefs, values, and behaviors;
- develop a vision and mission that’s shared and supported by school stakeholders;
- cultivate a meaningful partnership with a board that supports the school’s mission and vision;
- collaborate with community members and effectively utilizing community resources.
AAIE Courses in Partnership with PLS 3rd Learning Courses (21 credits)
EDIL 5001 Vision and Mission to Guide International Schools
EDIL 5002 Leading for Staff and Student Learning in International Schools
EDIL 5003 Governance in International Schools
EDIL 5004 International School Management and Leadership
EDIL 5005 Building and Sustaining a Healthy International School Culture
EDIL 5006 Ethical Leadership in International Schools
EDIL 5007 Situational Awareness and Diplomacy in International Schools
Upon successful completion of the eight AAIE courses, students are eligible to become AAIE fellows.
Wilkes Courses (9 credits)
Required: 9 credits
ED 508 Intercultural Communication
ED 525 Introduction to Educational Research
ED 587 Technology Leadership
Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership Pathway
Seven courses from the AAIE Institute, when taken post-master's, can be transferred into the Wilkes Ed.D. program. That means only 10 Wilkes doctoral courses, plus a dissertation, are required to earn the Ed.D. For more information on the Ed.D. program, please contact Tori Rhodes at +1-570-408-4311 or at email@example.com.
For admission to this graduate program, the applicant must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with an appropriate major, preferably in an educational field. In addition, please submit:
- an online application
- a $35 nonrefundable application fee
- official undergraduate transcripts from any schools attended
- two completed graduate recommendation forms
International applicants are also required to submit an evaluation of their undergraduate and graduate transcripts through World Education Services (WES) and an official score from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination.
Download a checklist to keep track of the courses you have taken.