Are you self-directed and self-motivated? Ambitious in welcoming challenges? Curious and eager to learn about the world around you? Open to encountering the unfamiliar, with all of its risks and rewards?
Then you will find the Wilkes University Honors community a welcome home.
As a Wilkes Honors Program student, you will benefit from educational opportunities that enhance your intellectual, personal, and professional development; your participation in the Wilkes campus community; and your preparation for post-graduation success.
- Honors coursework that rewards ambitions for more expansive academic challenges;
- grant funding to support study abroad, research, internship, conference and similar co-curricular (outside of class) experiences;
- Honors housing for first-year residential Honors students to build connections among those of different backgrounds and interests;
- preferential course selection to support your ambitions when registering for classes;
- no additional cost for course overload related to Honors work to ease your pursuit of their academic ambitions;
- social events such as field trips, dinners, and access to notable speakers to connect you with other Honors students and with new experiences and potential mentors beyond campus;
- special notation on transcript and recognition at commencement.
Our program partners with faculty, departments and schools and colleges across campus that foster independent research and innovative ideas, study abroad and internship support, and other initiatives to build friendships, provide mentoring and link tomorrow’s leaders with those of today.
We embrace the Wilkes University values:
and also emphasizes our own values:
- Academic distinction
We seek individuals committed to these values in their educational, personal and professional pursuits. Explore these pages to gain additional insight into our program and our community. For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.