Dr. Thyagarajan Srinivasan
- Stark Learning Center
- (570) 408-4811
Ph.D. Electrical Engineering Penn. State University, University Park, PA 1990
M.S. Electrical Engineering Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 1979
M.Sc Electrical Engineering University of Madras, India 1972
B.E. Electrical Engineering University of Madras, India 1969
Years in academia, date of original appointment, and date(s) of promotion
· 24 years
· Appointed January 15, 1985
· Tenured June 1991, Promoted to Professor in June 2008
· Visiting Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA. (while on sabbatical leave during Fall 1998)
· Teaching and Research Assistant, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Penn State; 1980-84.
· Teaching Assistant, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Oklahoma State University; 1978-79.
· Associate Lecturer, Dept of Electrical Engg, Coimbatore Inst. of Technology, India; 1971-78.
· Consultant: Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, Archbald, PA, Jun 2005-Jan 2006
· Consultant: Performance Motor Industries, Inc., Fairfield, NJ, July 1996.
· Consultant, Pennsylvania Power & Lighting Company, Berwick, PA, 1986-87
· Project Director, "Glass Defect Inspection System" funded under the Ben Franklin Partnership Scheme for Schott Glass Technologies, Duryea, PA, from Oct. 1991 - Sept. 1993.
States in which registeredPennsylvania (P.E. Electrical)
· Senior Member, IEEE
· Member, ASEE
- Intreim Director 2006-2009
- Director, Graduate Engineering Program 2003-
- Director, Electric Machines Lab 2003-
- Member, Search Committee, Director for the Division 2006-07, 2008-09
- Member, Graduate Studies Committee 2003-
- Member, Curriculum Committee 2006-2009
- Member, Search Committee, Biophysicist 2008-09
Percentage of time available for research or scholarly activities:10%
Percentage of time committed to the program: 90%
· An Elective Course for Electrical Engineering Graduate Students, International Conference on Engineering Education (ICEE) 2008, Pecs-Budapest, Hungary, July 27-31, 2008.
· Conceptual Design Report of Silicon Carbide Neutron Detector-Phase II, Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, Archbald, PA, August 2007.
· An Engineering Curriculum Designed for Sustainable Development, 2nd International Conference on Engineering Education & Training (ICEET-2), Kuwait, April 3-7, 2007
· Global Trends in Engineering Program Accreditation,34th Engineering Education Symposium Istanbul, Turkey, September 12-15, 2005
· A Dynamic Engineering Curriculum, 33rd International Symposium IGIP/IEEE/ASEE, Fribourg, Switzerland, September 27-30, 2004.
· "Design of A Pump Setup for Fluid Mechanics Laboratory," paper # 2006-264, published and presented at the ASEE Conference and Expo. Chicago 18-21 June 2006.
Outstanding Faculty Award
, 1988-89, 1993, 1995, and 2004