Passan Hall • 570-408-4730 (T) • 570-408-7873 (F) • Email • Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Wilkes University Health and Wellness Services office provides routine health services for all students, staff and faculty and is staffed by a certified registered nurse practitioner and a registered nurse. Its mission is to provide care, education and advocacy to improve the health and well being of its students, staff and faculty. Referrals are made to local physicians as deemed necessary.
Changes in Health and Wellness Services due to Covid-19
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- In an effort to reduce face to face symptom assessment, ALL visits will be made by appointment only after answering a few questions prior to making the appointment. Please call 570-408-4730.
- Doctors hours will remain Tuesday 9 to11 and Wednesday 10 to 12 by appointment only.
- Telemedicine will be offered via a secure internet/HIPPA compliant system. For a telemedicine appointment call 570-408-4730. You will be instructed how to access telemedicine when you are making the appointment.
- Allergy shots and other injections, including Mantoux testing, will require an appointment. Call 570-408-4730.
- Appointments can be made between the hours of 8:30 and 4:30. The office will be closed from 12 to 1 for lunch.
- For Campus Counseling appointments, you can call 570-408-4730 or directly email Theresa DaKay at email@example.com or Melissa Gaudio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To the best of our ability, we will offer all of our regular services but sometimes in a different landscape. We will provide a safe and effective health and wellness experience to our Wilkes campus community, while following the CDC guidelines regarding Covid-19.
In case of an emergency call 911.
We will get through this!
All students (on- and off-campus; full- and part-time), faculty, and staff are eligible for free health care and related counseling at the Health Services Office. Only emergency care will be provided to visitors.
All medical consultations at the Health Services Office, done by both the doctor and the nurse are free of charge. Office visits off campus, laboratory fees, and antibiotics ($10 charge for all antibiotics, payable at the Health Services Office within one week) will be the responsibility of the student and/or faculty member.
Please Note: All services are strictly confidential.
- Nursing assessment and physician referral
- Walk-in physician clinic, Tuesday 9:00a.m.-11:00a.m. & Wed, 10am-12pm | No fee
- Treatment and medication as indicated for injury, i.e., over-the-counter-medicine such as Tylenol, Advil, and Sudafed (free) and antibiotics ($10/7-day supply)
- Health screenings: blood pressure, weight, pregnancy testing, and throat cultures
- Full Satellite Laboratory Services, in affiliation with Wilkes-Barre General Hospital
- Lab fees are the responsibility of the student.
- Treatment items such as crutches, vaporizers, heating pads, etc.
- Refrigeration for allergy medicines. Allergy shots given during doctor's hours only.
- STD counseling, free condoms and women's sanitary supplies are also available
- A nebulizer system to provide respiratory treatments
- Free medical transportation to the hospital or doctor's office in non-emergency situations
- Certain immunizations such as TDAP, TB testing, Hepatitis B, Meningococcal vaccinations, for a fee
Although all services provided within the Health Services and Campus Counseling Offices are free of charge, as of August 2013, a new policy requires that all students living in university owned housing must show proof of health insurance in addition to the completed health form before receiving keys for housing.
The Health Services Office will not be responsible for class excuses. If a student experiences a medical emergency which requires hospitalization or consultation with an off-campus medical provider, professors will be notified as a matter of courtesy. Students should, in most cases, arrange to be seen at the Health Services Office at a time not in conflict with class.