Show up! Sign up! Colonel Up!
Getting the most out of your experience at Wilkes University means getting involved. There are more than 100 organizations on campus that are a vital part of the Wilkes University Colonel Community. We encourage you to become involved in student life at Wilkes and to participate in the many activities offered.
Why Should I Get Involved?
The college experience at Wilkes University is not just about what takes place in the classroom. While you earn your degree, you'll also have countless opportunities to discover new interests, pursue your favorite activities, refine your skills and build lifelong friendships. Getting and staying involved is one of the most important things you can do while in college. It does not matter how you are involved, it only matters that you are!
Benefits of Involvement
- Eases the transition from high school to college.
- Involved students are more likely to graduate & have an easier transition into the workforce.
- Involved students feel more connected to the university, the campus, the people, and are more familiar with the resources the university provides.
- Helps you meet people and make friends with those who have similar interests.
- Being involved will make students better leaders, learners & citizens.
- As a result of your involvement, you will gain knowledge, skills and experience in leadership, problem-solving, communication, group development and management, budgeting and finance, presentation and public speaking, and so much more!
How can I get involved?
If you're not sure what kind of organization to join, stop by the Henry Student Center and visit the information desk for any questions. Each semester, we offer an Involvement Fair on Club Day, where you can meet the leaders of campus organizations and learn more about them. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions!
Ways to Get Involved at Wilkes
- Visit the Office of Student Development located on the first floor of the Henry Student Center
- Join a student club or organization
- Volunteer through our Civic Engagement Office located on the 2nd floor of the Henry Student Center
- Join Adventure Education and explore the outdoors
- Attend a concert, program and events on campus
Where can I go to find out more about involvement?
- Office of Student Development
- Talk your RA or E-Mentor
- Talk to your fellow Colonels
- Check Wilkes Today & your Wilkes email
- Colonel Guide
- Faculty & Staff