Wilkes University

If you are in the United States / Health Requirements


F-1 Students:

If you already have valid F-1 student status by being enrolled at another U.S. college or university, by now you have already completed the required Transfer Verification Form and requested that the international student advisor at your current school release your SEVIS record to Wilkes University. Your new Wilkes I-20, endorsed and pending transfer, is mailed to you as soon as the release date for your SEVIS record (as determined by your previous school) is reached. Once you are enrolled at Wilkes University and we have confirmed your registration, the transfer process will be complete. If you are in F-1 status, a new I-20 will be issued to you. Be sure to report to the International Student Services Office as soon as possible after your arrival.

All Other Non-Immigrant Visa Classifications:

If you are currently in the United States in a visa classification other than F-1, you should contact the International Student Services Office for information.


You will be informed of any health and immigration requirements when you apply for your visa. The University further requires, as a condition of enrollment, that all students fill out a Health Form and that all students purchase health insurance upon arrival in the United States. The Health Form is included in your admission packet; information about health insurance is available from the International Student Services Office on campus. You must comply with certain immunization requirements in order to attend Wilkes University. For example, you must show proof of receiving the vaccination for Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) and Meningitis as part of this form and complete submission of this information is a pre-requisite to class registration. It is best for you to complete this form with your own physician at home before coming to the U.S.

Please note that the tuberculin skin test or chest x-ray must be performed in the United States or Canada. University Health Services is prepared to provide the skin test for you. Further information about health requirements and services can be found at /campus-life/student-affairs/health-and-wellness-services/index.aspx

Please note as well that you will not be allowed to register (enroll) for classes without having a completed health form.