Wilkes University

Transfer To Wilkes

Transfer to Wilkes

Become Part of the Wilkes Community

Transfer Students at Wilkes U

Looking to take the next step after community college? Or perhaps you’ve decided that your first college choice is not the right fit to help you achieve your goals. Wilkes University welcomes applications from students seeking to transfer from another institution.

We offer the resources of a large research university in the atmosphere of a small, liberal arts college. Here you can get to know professors one on one, immerse yourself in hands-on learning opportunities and internships, and dive into one or more of our 100-plus clubs and organizations.

Our transfer counselors are ready to help you get started. They'll review your transcripts and evaluate course credits. You can also use the online tool toward the bottom of this page to see some courses that transfer from specific institutions.

Apply Now     Request Information

Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Transfer Honor Roll 2021 badge

Wilkes was selected to the Phi Theta Kappa 2021 Transfer Honor Roll, which recognizes excellence in the development and support of dynamic and innovative transfer pathways for community college transfer students.

Wilkes accepts applications on a rolling basis. That means you will know your admission decision within a few weeks of completing your application.

Apply Online

To complete your transfer application, you must submit:

  • Official College Transcript(s) from all institutions attended

Additional Requirements

  • If you are a Nursing applicant, please review the additional application requirements.
  • If you are a Musical Theatre and Theatre Arts applicant, auditions are required.
  • If you are not interested in seeking a degree from Wilkes and are either looking to take any course(s) for a given semester or will transfer credits back to your home institution, please complete our visiting registration application.

MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS (2021-2022 ACADEMIC YEAR): $12,000 to $18,000

  • Awarded based on academic performance and renewable each year


  • Awarded to students who reside outside of Pennsylvania (applies to U.S. citizens and permanent residents only)


  • Awarded to students who show potential and are not awarded one of the above scholarships


  • Awarded to transfer students who are members of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, in addition to the transfer scholarship listed above; proof of PTK membership must be submitted with admission application

Please note: In order to remain eligible for the transfer scholarship, students must be enrolled as full-time, degree-seeking domestic student. Unless otherwise stated, Wilkes University scholarships and grants are applied towards undergraduate tuition only. 

Want to know quickly if you're admitted to Wilkes? Schedule an instant decision appointment by contacting the admissions office at (800) WILKES-U Ext. 4400 or admissions@wilkes.edu.

Complete the online application, bring your official transcript(s) and scores with you to the appointment, and admissions counselors will review your documents and give you an answer before you head home.

NOTE: Instant decisions are not available for nursing applications.

Instant Decision Information

Ensure that Wilkes is the best fit for you!  Take some time to tour our campus and meet your admissions counselor, faculty and other campus staff.  

Request your own personalized visit or visit us during an Open House. Contact our admissions office at (800) WILKES-U Ext. 4400 or admissions@wilkes.edu or schedule your visit by using one of the below links.  

Request a Personalized Visit 

Wilkes will review transfer credits from college/university courses in which a student has earned a C (2.0) or higher. Please review our transfer tool with available course equivalencies and core requirement equivalencies for a few listed colleges/universities. Please note some institutions and courses may not be listed, but courses may still transfer. Please contact your admissions counselor for other courses.

Course Equivalencies Transfer Tool

Wilkes University's core requirements are taken by all university students regardless of the chosen major. Transfer students may receive credit for courses due to course work completed prior to attending Wilkes.

Wilkes Core Requirements

Wilkes will review additional exams for credit from the following:

University Policy Regarding all Transfer Students

  • Transfer Students from two-year institutions must complete a minimum of sixty (60) credits at a baccalaureate degree-granting institutions.
  • All transfer students must complete a minimum of thirty (30) credits (exclusive of advanced placement credit award by Wilkes) and one-half (50 percent) of their major field credits at Wilkes University.
  • To be eligible for honors at graduation, you must obtain sixty (60) credits at Wilkes University.

Veterans Admissions

As part of the admissions process, veterans are required to submit their official Joint Services/Military transcript(s) the the Admissions office. Veterans will also need to submit their Certificate of Eligibility to Wilkes' Veteran Counselor, Lt. Col. Mark Kaster.

Yellow Ribbon Program

Wilkes University is pleased to participate in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program. This program allows Wilkes to cover post-9/11 veterans' tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. Wilkes can contribute up to 50% of those expenses, and VA will match the same amount as the institution. The Yellow Ribbon Program is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008.

Read More

Veterans' Services

Our Veterans' Services assists all veterans, and their families, who are currently serving or who have formerly served our country as they pursue their higher education at Wilkes University.

Read More

For more information, please contact

Lt. Col. Mark Kaster, USAF Ret.
Wilkes University Veteran's Counselor
(570) 408-5046mark.kaster@wilkes.edu

For students who plan to major in Education, Nursing or Business:

Jonathan Summers
(570) 408-4465
(800) WILKES-U Ext. 4465

For students who plan to major in any other major:

Amy Patton
(570) 408-4407
(800) WILKES-U Ext. 4407


Hontz is grateful for the transfer formula that made higher education possible. “I had incredible support from professors. I would love for people to know about the excellent transfer program at Wilkes.”

Read More

What Courses Will Transfer To Wilkes?

Powered by CollegeTransfer.Net

Transfer of Courses

Above is an incomplete list of institutions from which Wilkes transfers credits and an incomplete list of courses that transfer into Wilkes. If you do not find the institution or course you are looking for, it does NOT necessarily mean that Wilkes does not accept credits from that institution or that Wilkes does not transfer that course. The database below is not comprehensive; Wilkes adds institutions and courses on a weekly basis.

Please contact a transfer counselor to learn about institutions or courses that are not on the list.