Each student must inform the Registrar of their intent to graduate by registering for the appropriate graduation audit section for the semester in which they expect to complete their graduation requirements. A graduation fee will be assessed.
1. Register for a Graduation Audit Section
- GRD-000-A | Bachelor's Degree candidates
- GRD-000-B | Master's Degree candidates
- GRD-000-C | Doctor of Pharmacy Degree candidates
- GRD-000-D | Doctoral Degree candidates
2. Order Your Diploma
You must complete a diploma order form whether or not you plan to attend. Note: If your name has changed, you must provide documentation such as a copy of a marriage certificate or name change decree.
- Undergraduate/Pharmacy Students – Complete the online order form by October 9, 2020.
- Graduate/Doctoral Students – Complete the online order form by November 2, 2020.
3. Order Your Cap & Gown
Students order their commencement regalia online via Oak Hill. Detailed instructions on how to place your order are provided below.
December 11 is the last day to order your regalia (including Doctoral Custom Package).
- Select “Let’s get started”.
- Choose your degree package (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral).
- For Bachelor's degree: you must also select your Degree and Major.
- Select your height and weight category, then select “Next”.
- This accessories page offers optional souvenir add-ons. Note that these are not required. Any accessories chosen will be an additional charge to the student. (There is no charge for the cap, gown/hood, tassel, or zipper pull.)
- Doctoral students have the option to purchase Custom regalia instead of the regular one if you so choose,
but it is not required.
- Please be aware when ordering: if you select “Doctoral Custom Package” you will receive a custom gown, hood and tam but at an additional cost of approximately $950. Regular regalia is covered by your graduation fee at no additional cost.
- Select “Next” and review your order.
- Once you have reviewed your order, select “Proceed to checkout.”
- On the "Shipping & Handling" page, select “Next.”
- On the "Address" page, enter your name and the address to where you would like this regalia shipped.
- Preview your order.
- At the bottom right of page, you will see “Click here to confirm order”. You will also need to “Accept Terms” after you have read them. If you ordered any additional accessories, you will need to provide your credit card information.
- Select “Proceed to Check Out”.
- On the Receipt page, you can choose to print your receipt, but since you provided an email address, the order information will be emailed to you. Your order number will be provided for future reference.
If you have any questions, please contact the Student Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Pay Your Graduation Fee
This $170 charge will appear on your bill when you register for GRD 000.
There are two ways to pay:
- Pay online. Log into your account, go to the Student Services tab and pay via credit card or web check at any time.
- Mail your payment. If you prefer to mail a check, please make it payable to Wilkes University and include
your Wilkes Identification Number on the memo line and send your payment to:
84 W. South St.
Wilkes-Barre, Pa. 18766
All balances must be paid by December 16, 2020, a month prior to the January 16, 2021 graduation date. This includes employer-deferred balances. Any student registering for fall GRD 000 after December 1, 2020 will be assessed additional graduation fees.
If you are transferring credits to Wilkes from another institution, we must receive your official transcript by Friday, January 8, 2021. If your academic file is incomplete, if you are not officially accepted into your program of study, or if you have not completed your graduation requirements, you will not graduate. If your degree completion is delayed to another term, you must reapply for the graduation audit by adding GRD 000 to your next registration term and refile your graduation paperwork.
Transcripts with degree information will be posted by the end of January 2021. Official transcripts are available in either electronic or paper format. Click here for additional information about transcripts. If your degree information is required on the transcript, please check hold for degree notation when ordering your diploma. Transcript requests will process automatically upon degree posting. Each transcript requires a fee of $15.
Our fall commencement ceremony is currently scheduled for Saturday, May 22, 2021. Wilkes University is actively monitoring the health situation as it relates to COVID-19. We will continue to communicate with you as details are finalized or as our plans are adjusted.
For more details on the commencement ceremony and related activities, please visit the commencement page.