The Wilkes University Cheerleaders show their pride and love for their university on game days and also in the community.
The blue team will cheer at all home Football games, and attend all special events:
- Tryouts for the blue team are held in April each year.
- Season runs August through November.
- Practice Thursdays Nights 7 to 9 p.m. Game Schedule TBA
The gold team will participate for all men’s and woman’s home basketball games:
- Tryouts for the gold team are held in October each year.
- Season runs November through February.
- Practice Thursday Nights 7 to 9 p.m. Game Schedule TBA
The white team will participate in the MAC Freedom Cheerleading Championship.
- Tryouts for the white team are held in October each year.
- Season runs November through March.
- Practice Sunday Afternoons.
Mrs. Amanda M. Dixon
To be a part of the Wilkes University Cheerleading blue and white squad you must have prior cheerleading experience. This means you must have extensive background in stunting, cheer, dance, and some gymnastic experience. The gold squad does not need prior cheer experience but is preferred.
At tryouts you will be asked to learn two cheers and a three eight-count dance with music. You will also be asked to demonstrate your stunting ability whether it be as a back, base, or flyer, two jumps with one being a toe touch, and any gymnastic skills you may have.
Uniforms are paid for by the school. The girls are responsible for all other expenses which include sneakers, warm up jackets and pants, and bag.
Tryout date/time TBA
What to wear?
Comfortable clothes, sneakers, and no jewelry!
What to bring?
Student ID, bottle of water and a light snack.
- Must attend practice on April 23
- Required Dance
- Required Cheer
- 25 push-ups
- Required Toe-touch and two jumps of your choice
- Demonstration of stunting skills
Tryouts will be judged by three impartial judges with the coach and senior cheerleaders present. For more information contact Coach Dixon at email@example.com.
*Accepted and enrolled incoming freshmen, transfer students, and current students are welcome!
Uniforms and warm ups are paid for by the University. The team is responsible for all other expenses (of items that are kept by the cheerleader who purchased them) which include sneakers, bows, and other team apparel. Each team member is also responsible for fundraising the amount needed for their individual trip to Nationals.
*All Forms listed below must be completed prior to the athlete participating in tryouts.
Video Entries: For those who are interested in joining the team, but cannot attend the tryout evaluation you can submit a video via email to Coach Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org before tryouts.